There are various reasons as to why a business might need to prepare a business plan, but none more important than to focus the owners on exactly why they are in business and what they are trying to achieve.
The steps taken in starting a business will vary depending on the size and complexity of your business – from the individual who wishes to commence a window cleaning round to the group of people who wish to develop, manufacture and distribute a major product. If the business is to succeed, various questions must be asked and steps taken, no matter what the size.
Firstly, a business plan must be created. For the smallest type of business this can be achieved informally with, perhaps, little outside help. Figures Accountancy Services can help prepare the financial aspects of this business plan.
A business plan will typically include sections on:
- Brief resume of the business and its aims
- Structure and legal status of the business
- Product details
- Marketing plans
- Financial projections
- Finance requirements
Business plans are most often required to support a lending application to a bank from a new business. Figures Accountancy Services experience of how bank managers interpret these applications and of what criteria they are looking for will help boost your chances of making a successful application.
In addition, Figures Accountancy Services involvement in your business at such an early stage in its life will enable us to give you pro-active tax, business and finance advice, to save you money in your new venture.
Practical Examples of Business Plan Expertise
- Using our insight gained from other clients in similar businesses to assist with the detail within your business plan.
- Using our established contacts with local bank managers to understand what sort of terms they would lend finance under.
- Being a ‘sounding board’ to challenge the assumptions within your business plan and giving an opinion upon whether they are reasonable.
- Maintaining your book-keeping system once the business plan becomes a start-up.
Call today on 01293 773400