New distance selling rules will apply to B2C transactions. Traders including those dealing with goods, services and digital will be affected.
Key changes are:
Traders will now be required to provide a range of information to customers before, during and after transactions. Key among the lengthy list of details with which customers must now be furnished are:
– The main characteristics of the goods, content and/or services purchased
– A full breakdown of pricing, itemising tax, delivery and other charges
– The trader’s identity including contact details
– Delivery arrangements
– The customer’s rights to cancel and withdraw from the contract (including the cooling-off period) and
– The duration of the contract.